Thursday 26 October 2017

Island Batik October challenge

As ambassadors for Island Batik, the October challenge was to make a quilt with a special border or binding or both. I dicided to make a triangle quilt with just two fabrics. The borders are made swirled in a way. And instead of sewing the binding to the front and handsewing it to the back, I started with the back, turned it and put one of the beautiful seams along the binding. It turned out so well that I'm sure I will do it again. Hope the pictures will show what I did. And I'm happy to have some flowers left here to show you. Good for me, because I don't like winter.

















I always sew on paper when I make HSTs.


































This is the order of the borders, sewn around the middle as a log cabin.

You can see another quilt I used this way of doing it here.







































































Linked up to
Needle and Thread Thursday

3 comments:

  1. Looks great and love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely result! That came together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't that quilt just turn out lovely! I had to chuckle because I bought the same orange batik a few weeks ago for my grandson's HS graduation quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Anonyme kommentarer blir slettet.
If you comment as anonym, the comment will be deleted.